1/14/2010

4 Minutes...

So we took Sawyer to the doctor today for his post-hospital checkup. While weighine Sawyer, I asked the nurse if she'd ever seen this before and she said she had seen it many times but never with this good of an outcome, meaning that he survived and that he recovered so quickly and appears in every way to have had no permanent brain damage. She explained that the brain is only able to go for 4 minutes without oxygen before experiencing permanent brain damage. She said, "Have you been asking yourself, if only I'd gone in to check on him an hour earlier?", and I said, "YES! I've struggled so much feeling like I should've checked on him sooner". She said, "It wouldn't have mattered if you had checked on him an hour sooner, you only had a tiny window of catching this and you did." I cried! Even now as I type this I am laughing and crying! How can we deny God's goodness? Somehow He got me to go check on my little boy in that tiny time frame. AMAZING.

1 comment: