3/03/2013

Kinda Coming Together

A couple of months back, I came across a great website that features one adoptive family each week, and followers of this site (who are typically other adoptive families) donate $1 or more to help the featured family raise the adoption funds.  I decided to contact them, and ask what it takes to be a featured family. 

The response was that they have many applicants and there is no guarantee you will be chosen.  But the real kicker?  You have to submit a 3-5 minute video.  They even provided me with 3 examples, and they were rediculously creative and good.

My first thought?  "Ok, we're out."  Seriously people, just look at this blog!  No offense to me, I'm just not that good with technical things.  Then there's the idea of being that up front in a public video...umm, Forget It!  (Confession:  Even writing this blog terrifies me!)

But my second thought?  "You should call Amy Larsen"

Amy is an incredibly talented graphic designer, who recently quit her job and is now staying home full time with her two small children.  I didn't know if this was even within her scope but impulsively went ahead and called her.  And she just happened to answer.

I describe to Amy what I just told you.  Amy's sweet soft spoken voice replied:

"I don't even think we're going to have to pray about this.  Luke [her husband] is starting to do videography on the side and he just bought a bunch of new equipment.  Just a few days ago he said

'Do you think the Maloney's would think it was weird if I asked
if we could film a video about their adoption?'"
 
I was literally covered in head to toe chills.  I mean, we still have to film and our video still has to be chosen...but still, right?!  Amazing. 
 
Recently I heard a story about Mother Theressa.  She was quoted as saying something along the lines of how we don't have to have a ton of clarity or a completed master plan on exactly what we want to accomplish...but rather simple trust in God.  It got me thinking...how much in her life just kind of happend?  I mean, maybe she just took it one day at a time, one step at a time, one person, one hurdle, and one moment at a time?  And maybe, as she walked with God, prayed, read His word, and loved others...maybe things just kinda came together?  I don't know about you, but I want this level of trust...and I desperately want HIM to be the one who gets the credit for things "just kinda coming together".

Thanks for traveling this exciting journey with us!
 

1 comment:

mkrichert said...

Lacey, I love Give1Save1! Paxton and I have given to several families through that site. Mr. Larson, Luke, is the principal at my kids' school. He mentioned that he was helping someone make a video for Give1Save1. I had no idea it was you and your family. I loved reading your adoption journey. I am so excited for you. Blessings, Megan (from bible study last year)